How to declare your claim
At your option we will indemnify you by replacement reinstatement repair or payment where we are able to replace the property payment will be limited to the cost of replacement by our preferred supplier.
Contents and Personal Belongings (Sections 1, 2 & 3)
The total amount payable by us in respect of loss or damage under Sections 1, 2 & 3 arising out of one occurrence shall not exceed the sum(s) insured.
The sum(s) insured will not be reduced by the amount of any claim payment unless stated otherwise in any cover.
In respect of valuables
- No one item shall be deemed of greater value than the Valuables Single Article Limit unless insured as a separate item.
- In respect of Sections 1 & 2, the total value of Valuables shall not exceed one third of the total sum insured by these Section unless otherwise stated in the Schedule.
Wear and tear
- In setting claims for total loss or damage beyond economic repair there will be no deduction for wear tear and depreciation except for:
- Any claim in respect of clothing household linen and pedal cycles.
- Any claim resulting from accidental damage to radio receivers television sets and games recording and audio equipment computers and carpets all more than 5 years old.
- In respect of property not belonging to you or your domestic helper a deduction for wear tear and depreciation will be made unless you or they are legally responsible for the cost of replacement as new under the terms of an agreement.
- We will not pay for the cost of replacing any undamaged items forming part of a matching set or articles or suite of furniture. Where carpeting is damaged beyond repair only the damaged carpet will be replaced and not undamaged carpet in adjoining rooms.
- If any claim arises for loss of or damage to an article constituting one of an insured pair no regard shall be had to any special value as such and the amount payable under this Policy shall be calculated as though the article had been separately insured at pro-rata of the value of the pair or set.
An amount of BHD/OMR 25 or AED/SAR 250 will be deducted from any claim under each of the Sections 1, 2 and 3 of the Policy unless a specific excess has been mentioned for any cover or in the Schedule. Only one Excess may apply in the event of a claim under more than one item arising out of the same occurrence at the same time.
Any article exceeding single article limit
Proof of value will be required when making a claim for an item valued in excess of the Single Article Limit. We recommended that you retain copies of receipts, valuations, photographs, instructions booklets and guarantee cards to assist in the event of a claim.
Buildings (Sections 4 & 5)
At our option we will indemnify you by payment reinstatement replacement or repair. However we will not pay any reduction in the market value of the Home resulting from reinstatement.